new breed racing league
I've sorted image resize when posting, it no longer posts the full image, instead it resizes to 500px - 500px with two options above the picture to enlarge or view full image

Thanks, Bailey.
new breed racing league
I've sorted image resize when posting, it no longer posts the full image, instead it resizes to 500px - 500px with two options above the picture to enlarge or view full image

Thanks, Bailey.
new breed racing league
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Breed Racing League

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Classic Muscle Shootout

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WizardOfScoz

WizardOfScoz

Classic Muscle Shootout Empty
PostSubject: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:04 am

Planning a 6 round competition involving Mustangs and Camaros (with a wildcard thrown in)

There will be 5 cars to choose from, all tuned to Pi A600

from my preliminary solo test session ive found them all to be very similar in terms of lap times, and am looking for some thoughts from you guys

Once I've got it up and running and decided on a track list, I'll get a test session organised

Cheers,

Scoz
Back to top Go down
HLR AlphaDog

HLR AlphaDog

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:42 am

Are the cars tunes set by you guys, or can we build and tune ourselves?
Back to top Go down
http://hardluckportal.us/hardluckracing/index.php/forum/index
WizardOfScoz

WizardOfScoz

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:46 am

I was thinking of offering both, if you want to tune you can request the basic build from me which isn't tuned at all.

Or, if you don't feel confident you can just use the pre-tuned version that I've got from the NBR test team
Back to top Go down
NBR A Senna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:47 am

Ive tuned them and scoz has built them
Back to top Go down
https://nbrl.forumotion.net
HLR AlphaDog

HLR AlphaDog

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 9:50 am

So i can't build and tune my own. Ok.
Back to top Go down
TomTom ZS

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:47 am

HLR AlphaDog wrote:
So i can't build and tune my own. Ok.
As I've mentioned on fmuk mate, feel free to tune the car as much as you like to suit your driving style Smile
Back to top Go down
WizardOfScoz

WizardOfScoz

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 10:50 am

If you read my post carefully mate, it says that you can request the basic from me that you can tune yourself, or you can have the build that is already tuned by Senna
Back to top Go down
HLR AlphaDog

HLR AlphaDog

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 11:48 pm

No, i understand, i just would rather both build and tune the car the way i like to, not the way someone else sees fit. No worries, just a difference of opinion.
Back to top Go down
WizardOfScoz

WizardOfScoz

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:03 am

Where's the parity in that? If I allow people to build to their own preference, there's going to be clear advantages for some over others, keeping the build to what I've decided keeps some levelness in the playing field
Back to top Go down
NBR A Senna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:13 am

Ads american and he likes to build yank tanks like me no springs as you dont really need them Smile
Back to top Go down
WizardOfScoz

WizardOfScoz

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 12:16 am

And just to clarify, I haven't built them "how I see fit" I've built them how I see fair
Back to top Go down
WizardOfScoz

WizardOfScoz

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:17 am

after ome serious deliberation ive decided to allow an open build system for this competition BUT if anyone with a custom build starts to seriously out-perform everyone else who races, I will find ways to level the playing field

Tuned builds will still be available from myself for anyone who wants to trust the testing team
Back to top Go down
HLR AlphaDog

HLR AlphaDog

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:51 pm

WizardOfScoz wrote:
Where's the parity in that? If I allow people to build to their own preference, there's going to be clear advantages for some over others, keeping the build to what I've decided keeps some levelness in the playing field
Ok, i'm just asking a question and trying to be nice, but beginning to struggle with the latter. Where is the parity? in the PI system maybe? Levelness in the playing field? So let us now think of the slowest known person currently in this comp, and Grim at the same time. What possible chance does that person have if all the tunes and builds are exactly the same? I wasn't trying to be an ass, just asking a question that i thought was simple. Seems i underestimated people ability to get butthurt. Sorry, i'll try and be more sensitive in the future.
Back to top Go down
danfay12

danfay12

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Ask people over from fmuk and xplr and this is what you get. I thought one of the core elements of NBR was to be able to pick up and play. Senna I know has put his time and effort into getting these cars fun and easy to drive for all,to the point of asking slower driver's like myself over to test them and give some feedback. I Just don't know why people can't just oenjoy the GAME.
Back to top Go down
TomTom ZS

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Senna has tuned them but Scoz built them, they are great cars so I don't see an issue with just racing with what's available ... I know some people prefer to build their own cars a different way but this is for Scoz's first comp, so like I said on fmuk .. It is all just for fun!
And also, like you've just said dan - it's a game Very Happy not to be taken too seriously Wink

P.s; I'm from XPLR, as well as Scoz. You got beef wid us, hombre?! Laughing
Back to top Go down
danfay12

danfay12

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Sorry I've no beef with anyone from xplr,Just used it as a general term.
I Just seem to read this sort of thing all to often. If people don't like the comp rules then don't sign up. There seems to be a trend of putting comp rules into question,to get it changed to there liking,v8 supercars spring to mind,now It's an open tune comp,I don't have the time to sit in my underpants with bloodshot eyes at 4am trying to tune to keep up sorry..
Back to top Go down
TomTom ZS

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 9:23 pm

If i'm completely honest mate, the main reason for allowing an open tune for the Aussie V8s was to attract more competitors. It has been agreed that the better tuners amongst us will distribute their handy-work to us less fortunate people Laughing I've admitted many times that I'm not the best tuner, sometimes I get lucky and cobble something good together but like you I don't have the patience to spend hours tweaking the tune set up!

Don't worry though matey, once we've ran a couple of comps and got started with bringing more members over to NBR there will be more comps that are more 'accessible' if you like. Cars with fixed builds, either a closed tune or an open tune, with great set-ups available to all who want/need them.
For example my next comp after my V8s will be just that, a simple fixed build but an open tune is allowed - however it is a comp that's been run before on a different site, and the tune I have was put together by a friend of mine who is one of the best tuners I know (has set a good few top 10 leaderboard times). So whenever comps are run with an open tune, there will always be good tunes available to those who require them Smile

Don't ever want to force people out of comps, I know you can never please everyone but our aim is to run comps that are accessible (and more importantly enjoyable) for as many people as possible.

And finally, at the end of the day matey there is a comp suggestion area on this forum. If you have an idea for a comp, or want a comp to feature something in particular then let people know Smile
Back to top Go down
NBR A Senna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Dan you know me ill tune anything and help you with everything but i may be asking for help here myself i aint shitting you here i cant drive these v8s at all lol Smile i spent more time spinning then driving lol i will master a tune but it may take me a while lol Smile when i do its yours Smile and anybody else that needs it
Back to top Go down
danfay12

danfay12

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:44 pm

Glad you said that ash,I'm struggling big time!!!. I've managed to paint my car o.k but its an animal control I don't have..
Back to top Go down
TomTom ZS

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 10:58 pm

danfay12 wrote:
Glad you said that ash.
I know my post was a bit of an essay lol, but I said i'd help ya out too .. Where's my appreciation Sad

Haha.. Very Happy

Last edited by TomTom ZS on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TomTom ZS

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Also, if your paint is finished mate why not get a pic up in the gallery section for this comp. I haven't put up a proper picture of mine but it's the black and green 'Black Code' sponsored Holden that's on the comp poster Very Happy

Anyway, let's get back to the subject in hand - these beasty muscle cars!

I'm still interested, anyone else?

Last edited by TomTom ZS on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NBR A Senna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:08 pm

I love the yank tanks Smile
Back to top Go down
WizardOfScoz

WizardOfScoz

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 11:09 pm

well, thats 3 people then cheers
Back to top Go down
danfay12

danfay12

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 2:56 am

Yes tomtom,your awsome too,and would love your help and it will be appreciated.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TomTom ZS

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 3:18 am

danfay12 wrote:
Yes tomtom,your awsome too

'bout time someone realised that ....

Haha only messing, cheers buddy Very Happy as said no one will get left without a decent tune so fear not
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Muscle Shootout   Classic Muscle Shootout Empty

Back to top Go down

Classic Muscle Shootout
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next